Saturday, Sept. 17 the Moscow Ballet and Dance Etc! will have open auditions for young dancers to perform with 40 Russian professionals when they present “Great Russian Nutcracker” Nov. 30th at the Chester Fritz. Auditions for dancers ages 7-16 will be at 5:30pm Sept. 17 at Dance Etc!. Dancers must have dance training, dress in dance attire and may bring pointe shoes. Dancers from ANY studio welcome! For more info call 701.775.3476 or go to www.nutcracker.com/audition_dates
To purchase tickets to the performance on Nov. 30 go to www.nutcracker.com. Group rates are available for 10 or more or call 1.800.320.1733. Tickets start at $27.50.
The Grand Cities Children’s Choir is holding auditions on Tuesday, Sept. 6 and Wednesday, Sept. 7 for it’s 10th anniversary concert season. Auditions are from 4:30-7 each day at Red River High School. Auditions for one of the four choirs in the program are open to boys and girls who are in grades 3 – 9. Singers will be asked to sing “My Country ‘Tis of Thee” or “Happy Birthday”, sing “Are You Sleeping” as a round and participate in several vocal exercises.
To schedule an audition call: 701.746.2205 ext. 107.
For more info: www.gogccc.org
Not “going to the lake” this weekend? Neither are we and it is NO PROBLEM since there are TONS of things going on this weekend – all kid-friendly! (please view past posts for details on events listed below)
– Fire Sale at the Betty (Fri.)
– Rollin’ On the River In-Line Skating Rally & Marathon (Fri. Sat.)
– Turtle River State Park 77th Birthday festivities (Fri, Sat. Sun)
– Sky-Vu Drive-In Theater: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2 (Fri. Sat. Sun. Dusk.)
– Races at the River Cities Speedway (Fri.)
– Auditions for Northern Valley Youth Orchestra (Sat)
– Farmers’ Market (Sat)
– Save 25% at Macy’s by purchasing $5.00 savings pass, 100% proceeds from pass benefits March of Dimes
– Blues on the Red (Sat)
– History Rocks Vintage Car Show @ the Myra Museum (Sun)
Your budding musician will be right at home with the Northern Valley Youth Orchestra! Northern Valley Youth Orchestras (NVYO) is a non-profit music organization that provides orchestral and chamber music experiences for dedicated young string, wind, brass and percussion musicians. Intended as a supplement to any other instruction that students receive at school or at private lessons, NVYO is an auditioned program with minimum playing expectations for each of its programs. NVYO’s programs are focused on challenging students to play technically and musically; we provide coaching, encouragement and direction from seasoned teachers and performers.
Audition sign-ups are online right now; auditions begin Saturday @ Arioso Music Academy.
– Suggested ages for strings auditions: 9 to 20.
– Suggested ages for winds, brass and percussion: 14 to 20.
NVYO was recently featured in the Grand Forks Herald!
For more information and to sign-up for auditions go to: www.novyo.org
Like NVYO on Facebook: “Northern Valley Youth Orchestras”
Contact Naomi Welsh with any questions. email@example.com