Not “going to the lake” this weekend? Neither are we and it is NO PROBLEM since there are TONS of things going on this weekend – all kid-friendly! (please view past posts for details on events listed below)
– Fire Sale at the Betty (Fri.)
– Rollin’ On the River In-Line Skating Rally & Marathon (Fri. Sat.)
– Turtle River State Park 77th Birthday festivities (Fri, Sat. Sun)
– Sky-Vu Drive-In Theater: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2 (Fri. Sat. Sun. Dusk.)
– Races at the River Cities Speedway (Fri.)
– Auditions for Northern Valley Youth Orchestra (Sat)
– Farmers’ Market (Sat)
– Save 25% at Macy’s by purchasing $5.00 savings pass, 100% proceeds from pass benefits March of Dimes
– Blues on the Red (Sat)
– History Rocks Vintage Car Show @ the Myra Museum (Sun)
Every Saturday morning in downtown GF is always busy and tomorrow, Sat. Aug. 27th is no different.
Check out local produce that’s farm fresh as well as other locally produced goods, jewelry, meats and crafts at the Farmers Market at the town square.. It’s the end of the summer so there’s a lot of produce to be had! Arrive early for the best selection. Rain or shine the Farmers Market runs 9am-2pm. Tomorrow there will also be a concert starring “Popejoy/Strand Duo” starting at 10am. http://www.tsfarmersmarket.com.
In the evening, check out the last Blues on the Red concert of the season featuring Minneapolis band, Lamont Cranston Band from 6pm-10pm. The opening band is the Austin James Band. Spark your little one’s interest in music and don’t forget to bring lawn chairs to sit on. Admission is free and there’s beer and food available for purchase. Bring a lawn chair.
The best part about town square in the morning or evening is the little playground tucked in the corner. The kids love it! After buying your week’s produce let the kids go wild on the playground with their peers and in the evening enjoy the sounds of the concert while the kids tire themselves out!