Not “going to the lake” this weekend? Neither are we and it is NO PROBLEM since there are TONS of things going on this weekend – all kid-friendly! (please view past posts for details on events listed below)
– Fire Sale at the Betty (Fri.)
– Rollin’ On the River In-Line Skating Rally & Marathon (Fri. Sat.)
– Turtle River State Park 77th Birthday festivities (Fri, Sat. Sun)
– Sky-Vu Drive-In Theater: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2 (Fri. Sat. Sun. Dusk.)
– Races at the River Cities Speedway (Fri.)
– Auditions for Northern Valley Youth Orchestra (Sat)
– Farmers’ Market (Sat)
– Save 25% at Macy’s by purchasing $5.00 savings pass, 100% proceeds from pass benefits March of Dimes
– Blues on the Red (Sat)
– History Rocks Vintage Car Show @ the Myra Museum (Sun)
@ Grand Forks Public Library
Book sale 9am-5pm. Hardback books $1.00, paperback books 50 cents and videos 25 cents
@ The Betty Englestad Sioux Center
12pm-8pm. The Sioux Shop’s “Fire Sale”
@ North Dakota Ballet Company
Fall registration call Emily Burkland at 701.746.6044
@ Rollin’ On the River:
Rockin’ Rollin’ Rally 5:00 pm start time – Lincoln Drive Park. Event is free and open to the public. Dinner will be served. www.rollinontheriver-inline.com
5K Family Fun Skate
Greater Grand Forks Greenway. Limited quantities of skates and helmets on hand to lend out.
@ River Cities Speedway.
Season Track Championship. Hotlaps @ 6:30pm Race @ 7:30PM. 701.780.0999. www.rivercitiesspeedway.com
Sign-up to audition for Northern Valley Youth Orchestras www.novyo.com
@ Sky-Vu Drive In
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2. Dusk.
@ Turtle River State Park:
7:30PM, Music in Nature program @ Amphitheater. Call Tina Harding for more info at 701.594-4445
Your budding musician will be right at home with the Northern Valley Youth Orchestra! Northern Valley Youth Orchestras (NVYO) is a non-profit music organization that provides orchestral and chamber music experiences for dedicated young string, wind, brass and percussion musicians. Intended as a supplement to any other instruction that students receive at school or at private lessons, NVYO is an auditioned program with minimum playing expectations for each of its programs. NVYO’s programs are focused on challenging students to play technically and musically; we provide coaching, encouragement and direction from seasoned teachers and performers.
Audition sign-ups are online right now; auditions begin Saturday @ Arioso Music Academy.
– Suggested ages for strings auditions: 9 to 20.
– Suggested ages for winds, brass and percussion: 14 to 20.
NVYO was recently featured in the Grand Forks Herald!
For more information and to sign-up for auditions go to: www.novyo.org
Like NVYO on Facebook: “Northern Valley Youth Orchestras”
Contact Naomi Welsh with any questions. email@example.com