It may only be the beginning of September, but hockey season is just around the corner! UND’s Department of Athletics is hosting it’s third annual Sioux Fan Fest on Saturday, Sept. 10, at Ralph Engelstad Arena from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at ice level in the main arena.
The Fighting Sioux men’s and women’s hockey teams will be there and will take part in autograph sessions, a skills station (for 8th-graders and younger) and question-and-answer sessions on the media stage.
A free lunch will be provided to fans courtesy of the Midco Sports Network, and the first 1,000 fans through the doors will receive a free Fighting Sioux and Midco Sports Net acrylic mug. One lucky fan will also be selected to win a 32-inch, high definition television.
Other fun-filled activities include:
- Get your picture taken with the MacNaughton Cup and Broadmoor Trophy!
- Take part in the Sioux Kids Club activities area or sign up if you’re not already a member! While you’re there, register and learn more about Sioux Crew and the Fighting Sioux Club.
- Sign up for the chance to ride the Zamboni at men’s and women’s hockey games!
- Pick up FREE promotional items such as schedule posters and pocket schedules!
- Hit up the grab-bag stations. For only $3 fans can purchase a grab bag full of Sioux memorabilia. Random bags will be stuffed with tickets to men’s and women’s hockey games.
Fans will be limited to one outside item for autographs and UND athletics will be providing an autograph card to the first 500 fans.
Parents are encouraged to register their children for one of the skills session upon arrival as space is limited for each session.
For more information, contact the UND athletics marketing office at 701.777.2237.